Sunday, June 9, 2013

Because you choose to be!

“Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.”
- Thich Nhat Hanh



    Lately I have been paying attention to my circumstances in relation to my mood. I am always smiling, but that doesn't mean I'm not going through. I have realized that I am at a point in my life that my happiness, much like my love, and motivation, is not circumstantial. I chose to smile regardless, and I find happiness in my ability to smile in spite of. So whether or not I am going through something crappy, our I am on cloud nine I have joy. 
     Often times we wear or circumstances. If your heart is broken your face is. If you're struggling you look distressed. If you are angry, you look like the grouch. SMILE FOR PETE'S SAKE! Honestly, if you can muster up a genuine smile you will feel happier! Instead of harping on the bad and honing in on what ever it is that ails you, focus on everything going on in your life that doesn't suck. There is something trust me, you are alive aren't you? Remember it could always be worse, and if you think it can't, it can only get better! 
     If your smile can improve someone else's mood why cant it improve yours? I firmly believe that your happiness does NOT have to be circumstantial. Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.- John Lennon. That said, why in the world would you let circumstances, i.e. LIFE, which is capricious at best, be the foundation on which you build your mood? 
   The only thing you can control in life is you. Your kids will rebel, your relationship may not be perfect, your job's main requirement is to be flexible and adaptable, but you, you can control how you feel in the midst of all of these things. Do it! Be conscious of your expressions and your feelings and  change it! I have used this quote before, but, “If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain.”- Maya Angelou.


Be HAPPY because you CHOOSE to be!

Think about it!

Remember...YOU be Your biggest fan!
Now get out there and make it happen captain!

Want to discuss this or other posts?  Comment below the post you are referring to, or simply click my email address and I will respond to you within 48 hours.









No comments:

Post a Comment